This week’s Morton Family Recipe is from Ainslie, who is currently working in our FCT office.
These delicious treats are perfect for any sweet tooth!
Ainslie’s Blueberry & Lemon Friands
– 125 gram butter
– 2/3 cup almond meal
– 2 lemons finely grated
– 1 ¼ cups icing sugar – sifted
– 1 ¼ cups plain flour – sifted
– 3 egg whites
– 150g frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 200’C
2. Line eight hole muffin or friend pan with paper cases
3. Place butter in small saucepan and heat until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 mins
4. Combine almond meal, lemon rind, icing sugar and flour in a bowl. Add egg whites and mix well. Add melted butter and stir to combine
5. Spoon batter into paper cases and 1/3 full and press blueberries on top
6. Bake for 20 – 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean
7. Turn out onto wire rack and cool and ENJOY!!!