Methamphetamine Decontamination Cleaning
Drug decontamination cleaning refers to the cleaning and restoration of properties that were formerly used to manufacture drugs such as methamphetamine. The hazardous materials left behind in a former lab can be toxic and extremely dangerous to the health and well-being of people in properties nearby. To ensure that the premises is safe for future habitation, it is important to enlist the services of a professional decontamination cleaning team.
Specialist training and expertise:
FCT Cleaning have a high level of specialist decontamination training and expertise. We offer drug cleaning services that are affordable, effective and compliant with national standards.
Our professional cleaning team are highly trained to ensure that the property is thoroughly cleaned and key rooms and surfaces are meticulously tested for contamination levels. At FCT Cleaning we conduct contamination testing both before and after the cleaning process. This is to:
- Establish a starting point prior to undertaking the cleaning process
- Ensure the health and safety of all people in the building’s vicinity
- Provide legal sampling requirements when requested by any associate private or public entity for legal or insurance purposes.
Modern techniques for manufacturing illegal substances can be odourlesss. By testing both before and after the cleaning process we are able to pick up if there is any residue left over.
Efficient and discreet service guaranteed
We understand that the cleaning, decontamination and remediation of a former property used for substance creation can be associated with a certain amount of stigma. Our team are fully mobile, and will come to anywhere in Perth and the surrounding areas. As we are fully mobile, we can operate discretely and effectively at any time of day, ensuring minimal disruption to your daily life. Neighbours will not be exposed to hazardous substances and the entire operation will be completed efficiently.
What Does Drug Decontamination Cleaning Actually Entail?
- Analysis and testing of the area. The contaminated areas are swabbed and sent to a laboratory for analysis.
- Disposal of waste and contaminated furniture. Contaminated furniture, household items or fixtures, as well as any remaining waste must be disposed of quickly and responsibly. If possible, remediation of the contaminated items will be attempted.
- Cleaning. The premises will be cleaned thoroughly by experienced technicians.
- Follow up testing. The building will be swabbed again with the samples sent to the same laboratory. The two readings will be compared to ensure that the toxicity and chemical have been restored to safe levels.
The Drug Decontamination Remediation Process
Drug decontamination remediation refers to the restoration and recovery of buildings, rooms and fixtures formerly used in the production of substances. This can be a complex process and requires the use of a specialised team.
Which areas in the building are tested?
The sites of dwelling that are commonly cleaned and tested include:
- Kitchen – fixtures, walls and plumbing apparatus.
- Bathroom – floors, walls, plumbing and fixtures.
- Lounge area – all furniture, walls and carpet.
Each site is thoroughly analysed for several hazardous substances, including methamphetamine, MDMA and heavy metals. After the results return from the lab, they can be used as a baseline to compare before and after the cleaning and remediation process.
Why is pre-remediation testing so important?
Pre-remediation testing is important for several reasons. It can ensure the safety of workers and level of protective equipment necessary during the cleaning process. It also establishes whether or not contamination levels exceed state environmental standards, and if dcontamination remediation is necessary in the first place. Sampling can also outline the extent of which contamination has affect the premises and present a scope of work for the remediation team. Finally, sampling and swabbing can also highlight other hazardous materials present, including heavy metals.
The meth lab decontamination team at FCT Cleaning have undergone extensive training to ensure that they are fully equipped to handle any drug decontamination cleaning.
Through extensive residential and commercial cleaning experience, our team have gained a thorough understanding of the dangers presented by substance in West Australian properties. Whether commercial or residential, our team treat each property as an individual. We also collaborate with industry experts including local councils, police, environmental agencies and insurance companies that enable us to provide successful drug decontamination cleaning in all of WA.